Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Finished quilts and string quilts in progress

Keith didn't get around to hanging a rod above the slider for me to use to take pictures of finished quilts so I took these on the balcony this morning. These are the last 3 finishes plus the finished string top PLUS my rows of bright strings waiting to be assembled into another top.

I mentioned in an earlier post but just to give credit - the house and tree quilt was pieced by my Mom and given to me to quilt and donate and the nine patch blocks were also made by her and given to me a few years ago. I used part of them in a quilt back then and these were the leftover blocks I pieced together into this top last year.










11 comments:

Marla said...

You have been very busy! They all look good.

Joyce said...

I totally love your bright tops. Have you guessed by now that I love bright colors?

Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for several months now and enjoy seeing your quilts, your colors are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your quilts.

Sweet P said...

The balcony makes a great place to hang quilts as long as it's not 0 degrees outside.

I LOVE the bright colors in the quilt you are putting together. That is going to be on outstanding quilt.

Anonymous said...

The quilts are all great - I can't wait to see what the bright string strips turns out like :-)

Unknown said...

What a great place to hang your quilts to be photographed. They ALL look wonderful! Great job.

Silverthimble said...

You have been busy! Your apartment is nice and sunny--great to work in all that light!

ForestJane said...

I think I like that blue strings one AND the strings with the half square triangle added, BOTH equally as much... on the half strings one the big triangles of color really add some interest to the quilt.

Nice work!

Cher said...

no surprise, I love that bright top!
it is coming along great..you have been really making up for lost quilty time Mary-so many beautiful quilts finished! The BF quilting is really looking great too.

Saska said...

They all look great! You've been busy. Am interested to see what you do with the brights--that's a lot of strips!

Samantha said...

You and your mom do great work!