Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Log Cabin Twins


The quilt on the right is completed and I've just got to stitch down the binding down on the second one and these will be done.

They aren't exactly alike. My mom pieced the first one (on the left in the picture) starting with a dark round and ended with a light round. She decided that there was too much beige so when she made the second set of blocks she started with the light round and ended with a dark. They're also quilted with two different pantographs.

Now I'm off to post on Stashbusters that I've completed my first UFO for 2006 with the second one to be done within the week.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

What a nice set of twins. And like many real twins the differences are subtle but they can easily be told apart if you look closer. Congragulations on your first finish for the year.

Anonymous said...

Great quilts - love the colours. Specially like the red inner border to echo the centres of the blocks.

quiltpixie said...

These look great together. A pair, without being identical

Laurie said...

Mary,
Those are very pretty quilts! I jsut love the log cabin and the options it presents to us! I should make another!
Hugs
Laurie

Carolyn said...

Beautiful! You're way ahead of me, I'm working on my second quilt for the twin beds, but it's nowhere near done! Great job!

The Calico Cat said...

Wow thore really are the same.... Mine are "Similar but differnt." But I have the same idea germinating.

Granny said...

Those surely look nice!

Judy L.

Jeanne said...

Nice log cabins! Congrats on geting a UFO off your list! I'm closing in on finishing my first one, too.

Kay said...

ALL your quilts are beautiful! What a good sense of color.