Monday, January 16, 2006

Working on my Goals for 2006

The second of my three goals for 2006 is to lose weight and exercise more. To help me accomplish that goal I joined Weight Watchers and attended my first meeting tonight.

I hope to retrain myself to eat regular meals and to exercise consistently. I wouldn't mind losing 20-25 lbs before my son's wedding in October either!

I'm making good progress on my quilting goals. Two finished UFO's, two completed tops, 18.5 yards stash used that can be counted for the 100 Yard Dash, and UFO #3 is on the frame and 1/2 way quilted.

Goal #3 still to be met.

6 comments:

Granny said...

Mary: WW is such a good program. Good luck with it. I need to join again too.

You're doing great on your quilting goals.

What happens when you use 100 yards from the stash? Is there a reward? (Like more fabric!) :)

Judy L.

Laurie said...

Mary,
I will be cheering you on with your WW endeavor! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm struggling to lose the last 5 lbs...since 10/21 I've been struggling with that! But I WILL DO IT!!!

Congrats on your great quilting goals as well!
Hugs
Laurie

quiltpixie said...

Sounds like you're quite the dasher in that 100 yard dash. Already almost a 1/5 of the way there with only a couple of weeks gone by... Way to go!

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi Mary
I have a wedding in August so I will be joining you in ww!!

Cher said...

I do my own version of WW-as I am too lazy to rejoin offically-it is a great program and gets you to your goal if you stick with it. I too am losing weight/working out regularly-so you have some company on that level. What is your third goal? Nice going on the quilty goals! Cher

Kay said...

Impressive work toward the quilting goals. Four tops in three weeks! You can do the weight watcher goal too.

I have nothing but admiration for anyone who works with Hospice. My volunteer work is much easier, I think. I make soup once a week at a local soup kitchen. This is flexible, because I travel quite a bit too. So maybe you can find a more responsive place. Good luck.