Monday, February 20, 2006

Ready to start


OK - I've decided to freehand quilt this quilt - I hope I don't regret it. I don't know why I'm stressing over this maybe because I'll actually be showing the outcome on the blog. So be nice to me - this is why I don't quilt for other people except family members and they get what they pay for.

I'm going to use the variegated thread and I'll start with the square in a square blocks. I played around with different variations and this is the one I'm going to try. Can you tell I can't draw. I printed a bunch of blank blocks off EQ5 and drew different patterns until I came up with one I like.

I'm still not sure what I'll do in the 4 patch blocks but I'm leaning toward some loops and butterflies in the final border.

I printed a butterfly motif off of the McCalls site and I can trace it on template plastic and just use the outline on the top so I can place the butterflies where I want them. I'll just do loops in between the butterflies.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Sounds good & the result was just as good! BTW The varigated thread looks PERFECT!

I got the latest Grafton from the library :o) I haven't started it yet - too much else going on in my little world!