Friday, July 21, 2006

I remembered

Couldn't sleep last night and lying in bed I finally remembered the other book I just finished - Cold Moon by Jeffery Deaver. Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't remember.

Laurie commented she likes the Elm Creek books by Jennifer Chiaverini and Janet Evanovich. I've missed a couple of the Elm Creek series but like both of these authors.

Cynthia's reading Deadly Kisses by Brenda Joyce - a good romance is my book of choice for a bubble bath. I'd read other ones by Joyce but haven't read this one so I'll have to put it on my list.

Eileen's book group is reading Secret Lives of Bees next and she also reads Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovitch, and James Patterson. I read a lot of Patterson too and usually like his books.

****
Laurie also asked how I was doing on my weight loss. I haven't been back to Weight Watchers for 4 weeks because I've been out of town on my regular meeting day. According to my scales my weight loss is about 30 lbs but I haven't lost any in a couple weeks. Too much traveling and I haven't been as strict. I'm OK with that and I could easily live with my weight now but it would be nice to lose a few more pounds so maybe when things settle back down I'll start to lose again.

I am going for another hike this morning so even with all the travel I'm keeping up with my walking/hiking.

4 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Excellent progress on the weight loss! I am inspired by you.

Juliann in WA said...

hi there - just found your blog - I finished the Cross Country Quilters book yesterday - it was really fun- I am always looking for something new to read, thanks for listing so many books
have a wonderful hike
Juliann

Linda C said...

As much as you have had to be gone lately, it is good to hear that you have been able to keep up with your walking. Good for you on the weight loss.

Melzie said...

Oh I didnt know there was a new Deaver book out :) That makes my day! xoxo melzie