Monday, July 03, 2006

What I'm reading

I was traveling again last week so I got a lot of reading done. I found Mercy Falls by William Kent Krueger in the *local* section of the book store. It's a mystery that takes place in Minnesota - I enjoyed reading it and I'll have to look for more of his books.

I also took The Devil Wears Prada with me and the latest Stephanie Plum novel from Janet Evanovich. Both good summer reads - light, entertaining, and quick.


Mercy Falls
William Kent Krueger


The Devil Wears Prada
Lauren Weisberger


Twelve Sharp
Janet Evanovich

4 comments:

Linda C said...

I've got "Twelve Sharp" sitting on my nightstand and a chapter or two into it.

You might like Lorna Landvik's books as they are based in MN--fiction--I think that is the right name "Patty Jane's House of Curl" is one title. I've read a couple of hers and enjoyed them.

Granny said...

I like the Evanovich books too. I've had so little time for reading lately. Can't wait to get back to a good book!

Judy L.

MARCIE said...

Mary, to answer your question on my blog, I live in Virginia Beach. Small world, isn't it? I have a daughter living in Atlanta and have been to Marietta to visit the great shops there. If you come here again, look me up. There are a couple nice shops in VB I can show you. You can find great shops in MN also. We are so lucky!

Passionate Quilter said...

Hey--just read the #12 book of Janet myself...what was your opinion? I don't want to sway anyone with mine yet. Just curious..