Monday, October 30, 2006

Collections

I think Nancy was was the one who first asked what we collect.

I started collecting t-shirts from cities I was visiting a few years ago when I began traveling with my husband on his business trips with the intention of eventually making a t-shirt quilt. Shortly after that I was given a coffee mug from Hawaii by my sister in law as thanks for watching her son while she and her husband went there on vacation. So now on my trips I collect coffee mugs, my t-shirt collection has expanded to include sweatshirts and I get to relive memories of my trips each morning as I choose which cup to use that day.

I plan on gathering all my t-shirts together as I get ready for the move and maybe actually make the quilt when I get settled in Minneapolis. Right now there are t-shirts in my studio, in my closet, and in my dresser and I don't even know how many of them I've collected at this point.

3 comments:

ForestJane said...

And you'll have to put your 3 day walk shirt smack in the center... lol

Cynthia said...

sounds like you have plenty of t- shirts to make a quilt. I also collect coffee mugs as well as fridge magnets.

Cher said...

well, that will be a fun project to tackle Mary!