Friday, January 12, 2007

Hourglass Strings

I finished quilting my Hourglass Strings yesterday and the binding was done tonight. I don't have a picture yet - not sure how I'm going to manage pictures here at the apartment but I'll take one somewhere tomorrow and post it.

This quilt is a UFO from last year AND my first finish for the HeartStrings Quilt Project! I had planned to quilt it using a freehand design from the Line Dancing book but ended up playing with my tension way too long and opted for a quick pantograph instead. I'm way behind on my quilting thanks to the move and other stuff that kept me busy last fall so I'm on a mission to FINISH quilts!

When we started the HeartStrings Quilt Project there was a suggestion that we create a website and after reading the comments on Nancy's blog about so many people NOT wanting to join another group but willing to make blocks for Nancy I thought it was time to get one going. One of our members, Phyl has offered to help us set up a web page so we're looking at options for hosting sites and starting to draft the content.

6 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Oh, Mary, that is one of the prettiest string quilts I have ever seen. Love the hourglass setting!

Cher said...

a website - sounds great! It sure will attract more folks to play.
Hope you figure out how to show your quilt soon-I am looking forward to seeing how it turned out!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo -- a website!! Congratulations on making Heartstrings a reality!!
Jeanne :)

Kim West said...

If you are looking for a reliable host for cheap, I can recommend mine,
Huge Host. They have plans as low as $6/mo and accept paypal as one of their forms of payment.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Congratulations on making it a reality.

Simonetta said...

Hi Mary, your Hourglass Strings it is so lovely, indeed!!!

Cynthia said...

what a great idea to have a website for the HeartString project. Hope it will be a success.