Saturday, January 27, 2007

A museum visit and out to lunch

Chesty gets bored waiting for me to finish on the computer


I met today with Sandra - the listmom from Stashbuster. She suggested we meet at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts which is only 1.25 miles from the apartment so I walked over (even though it was 8 degrees!). We got acquainted as we walked around looking at their art collections and I can't wait to go back and spend more time there.

We lunched at Ping's, a Chinese restaurant nearby which was great too - I even have leftovers for dinner tonight. I'll have to take Keith there one night when he gets back into town. He's gone again - this time for a week - to Vegas for a meeting.

I came home, got right to work, and finished up the quilting on Mom's Block of the Month quilt - Now I just have 3 left to do for her.

3 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

I love the Art Institute here in Chicago. Thanks for the link to yours. It is good to have ready made friends when you move to a new State.

Chesty looks very happy waiting for you.

ForestJane said...

Awww, Chesty looks so fluffy and soft relaxing there by the window, he just makes me want to sink my fingers in the fur and smurgle his little tummy ... lol

And LOVE the bright line of checkerboards between the blocks in your mom's quilt, they just make the quilt!

Laurie Ann said...

What a precious picture of Chesty. Does he seem better now, and you must let us know how his paws are doing. Did you ever get/make him any booties?