Saturday, January 20, 2007

String top done

I finished assembling the string top tonight. I don't have good lighting here in the apartment like I did at home so I can't get a picture of the whole top tonight. I think I'll just post one when I finish quilting it.
I've asked Keith to put a curtain rod up over the slider so I can hang quilts for pictures. It's the only spot with a large enough space that I can hang a quilt and then stand back to take the picture. It may look strange but oh well - I don't entertain much at home anyway.

9 comments:

Dianne said...

Can't wait to see the whole quilt, Mary. Those blocks look just wonderful, and I'm fighting with myself NOT to start doing some! I really need to push on and finish the quilt I'm working on first...

What a good idea to put a curtain rod over the slider and hang quilts from that. I'll file that away in my mental Good Ideas file!

Juliann in WA said...

Those string quilts are really beautiful and the fan quilting is perfect
Juliann

Cher said...

hurray another string top done!

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

I like scrap quilts too. This top is wonderful with lovely colours and very funny look.

Elaine Adair said...

It's just wonderful, Mary - I would love to do some fan quilting on my home sewing machine -- wonder about finding a template. I've fiddled around with cardboard and circles, but the result was less than great!

I'm looking forward to seeing this one on the wall.

Sweet P said...

You have been productive. It does feel good to get back in the quilting mode again after so many changes in you life, doesn't it?

Beth said...

Your blocks with larger triangles on one side helped me to re-purpose a UFO! I had started sewing strips for what I THOUGHT was going to be a bargello jacket. I changed my mind...they are string blocks in hiding! I will post them on my blog when I find some blue for the triangles...or maybe some neutrals...hmmmm!?

Jan Mac said...

I love the new string quilts and you've been very busy. The quilting on the blue one is fabulous.

Laurie Ann said...

Those baptist fans on the blue string quilt really look fantastic! Good job!