Monday, March 05, 2007

Sewing together with a fellow Stashbuster


Sandra from Stashbusters invited me to her home today and we started my Pineapple quilt. She's made several using the Quilt in a Day method and took time to show me her tips for both that quilt and the Kaleidoscope that she's working on now. She fixed a wonderful lunch and luckily she warned me not to eat a big breakfast! I also made a sample Kaleidoscope block which you can see up in the corner.

Believe it or not, this was the first time I've driven somewhere since moving to Minneapolis in December. Other than occasionally riding along with Keith on the weekends to do some errands, I've walked everywhere since getting here.

When I got home this afternoon, I had time to quilt one of the tops sent to me from Lori from CA. She had some non string quilt tops and a block set she wanted to donate to the HeartStrings project and I agreed to finish them up.




10 comments:

Dianne said...

The Pineapple blocks look really great, Mary, but they also look like they'd take a long time to make? Going to be a wonderful quilt!

Anonymous said...

This cute blue and purple quilt looks like it is filled with chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

The blue and white DOES look like it is filled with chocolate chips! It's a very pretty quilt. Your pineapple blocks are really nice - they will make a stunning quilt.

Simonetta said...

Grandiose your quilts!!!Beautiful! ciao from Italy :)))

Joyce said...

Did you paper piece your pineapples? I do love the blue quilt. Cookies. Yum!

Nancy said...

love the pineapples. I cut 1-1/2 inch strips just to make a pineapple someday.

swooze said...

Yes, chocolate chip cookies! That is what I saw too! The pineapple blocks and kaleidascope blocks are great! The coins quilt is fabulous! Love the brights!

Snow.....I do miss it so....

Anonymous said...

Mary,........I'm behind in reading blogs, but I just saw your question about how to make feathers to fit a block ..... Jamie Wallen posted some great tips at Longarmchat.com in the how-to forum. Hopefully this will take you there.

http://www.longarmchat.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11673

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pineapple blocks, mary; that on my to-do list as well. was fondling my 1.5" strips just the other day and flipping through my book; bet yours will be done in no time. sandra is in canada, right? how far from you in miles/hours? we're frozen here in maine, til the weekend. poor chesty looks woeful. hope he's soon up and around

cityquilter grace

Cher said...

beautiful blocks and wonderful quilting on the donated top-as always Mary