Friday, April 27, 2007

HeartStrings Retreat Weekend

The HeartStrings group is retreating this weekend in celebration of National Volunteer's Week. I got the wrong week thanks to my calendar but we're only a week late! Those of us in the Minneapolis area are getting together in person tomorrow at Sue Frank's house.

I started early by loading the top sent to me by Carol to quilt and donate to a Veteran's home in New England. I think I've said it before but Popcorn by Willow Leaf Studio is my favorite pantograph. It looks good on everything. I decided since this was going to a Veteran's home I wouldn't use flowers, feathers, or hearts. I think Popcorn looks like clouds against the sky blue border and fabric.

I took a short break to have a cup of tea and check email and I thought I'd share my coffee/tea maker with you. I love my single cup brewer - I order the pods for my coffee and tea from Green Mountain Coffee.

Notice my Seattle mug?? I collect coffee mugs from my travels and every cup of tea brings back memories of one of my trips.

5 comments:

MARCIE said...

Your "popcorn" looks great on that quilt! Also, your leftover strips took a clever turn! Your Mom's blue 9-patch is wonderful and I bet she will love your quilting.

Tazzie said...

I can see why you like that panto Mary, it looks really great. I hope you're having a wonderful time with your at home retreat!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

I like that panto too - it's a great one especially when you aren't sure who is getting the quilt. It's "gender neutral" and it quilts up quickly.

mereth said...

Mmmmmmmn, coffeeee! I'm particular about my coffee mugs, I like nice fine bone china and have a collection of pretty ones to choose from.And size DOES matter, none of these fancy little thimble-sized things either!
Your scrap blocks are freaky, like an optical illusion; I almost feel sea-sick looking at them.

Carol E. said...

Mary, I love how you are doing my quilt. Thank you! I have had two other quilts done in that popcorn style, and it is one of my favorites. Thank you so much for doing this for me. Your blog is so much fun! You are such a happy person, not to mention talented. I'm glad you are enjoying Minneapolis! :-)