Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Leftover strips

I had plans to use the leftover strips from my Pineapple quilt for rail fence blocks and set them on point. I'm tired of the two bins being in the way so I started making some blocks this weekend and decided I didn't like them.

My solution was to cut them in half and I'll sew them back together like this photo. Of course, I realized as I was laying these out I'll need mirror image blocks so will have to cut sets of 4 as I go along so I don't get to many going one way.

2 comments:

Marla said...

You are always so busy. You are an inspiration.

Patti said...

Oh, what a neat idea! I have so many strips in my drawers - and I know most of them are old calicos, so I need to figure out a fast way to use them. I was thinking rail fence for charity, but this would be a much nicer alternative! Thanks Mary!