Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Happy Happy

Thanks for the comments and emails about my post on COMMENTS. Not that I was complaining since I'm in the same boat - I try to keep up with other blogs and tend to read more than I comment also. Feel free to read without commenting or to introduce yourself - whatever makes you happy!
----------------------------------------------------------
Happiness for me is working on a HeartStrings quilt
----------------------------------------------------------
Despite sleeping very late this morning after staying up all night I still got a good day's work done. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to walk downtown and mail off my Aunt's quilt and get the HeartStrings Coins quilt done but thanks to Kinko's being open 24 hours, I quilted first and then walked downtown to ship Nancy's quilt to her. I was SO happy to send that one off.

I used a new pantograph on the HeartStrings Chinese Coins - I haven't trimmed it yet so I'll have to share a photo tomorrow but the pantograph is called Leap Frog by Norma Sharp. It has a strong vertical component which is great for this quilt.

Keith's out of town tonight so I'll be working late again. I need to piece a back and load a quilt that's a gift for a family member. I would like to get it quilted tomorrow so I can bind it when I get back from San Diego on Wednesday.

By the way, I forgot to mention what a pleasure it was to use my ironing board with the new cover. Next time I won't wait so long.

5 comments:

meggie said...

You probably get sick of seeing me on your comments Mary! But I do enjoy your posts, your quilts, & of course Chesty! You are an inspiration to me, always.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Why is it that we all dawdle around and avoid doing the simplest things that have such power make our days better (i.e. ironing board cover)? I think I need to make a reminder in my handheld to buy a new cover every 6 months, JUST BECAUSE!

Love the new panto design - can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Nicole said...

The quilt you made for your aunt is AWESOME! I can't stop looking at it. The colors you chose, the appliques, and your incredible quilting are just beyond belief. I have to go back and study it some more!

Sweet P said...

I read your posts all the time. I just don't comment a lot. I certainly love your work and I enjoy your trips around Minneapolis.

Alisa said...

I love reading your blog too, though I rarely comment. You are so prolific with your quilting so there is always something new to read or see. You are doing a great job!