Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another UFO

I was rummaging through a bin tonight and came across 7 crazy quilt blocks - a very old UFO. Since I'm certain I won't ever finish this as a regular size quilt I've decided I'll use 6 of them and make a doll quilt. These small quilts are turning in to the perfect way to finish a few UFO's and try new techniques on a small scale (I have a Hawaiian doll quilt planned too).

I have an extensive book library so I just so happened to have a book on embroidery stitches for crazy quilts - I knew I was going to need that book one day!


3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Aren't small projects fun? Your crazy blocks will look good in a doll quilt. And now I've added 2 more books to my wish list.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What fun! I love the small quilts that I make for AAQI... and several of them have been anchored with orphan blocks. Happy stitching!

Susan said...

If you have a problem with any of the stitches, write me. I'll give you two resources, one of which has videos right online of how to do the stitches. =)