Sunday, September 02, 2007

Why do I need lists?

I need lists so I don't get sidetracked! I had a little while this afternoon to work while Keith was on the computer so what did I do? I made another small doll quilt.

My intention was to use more of the Drunkard's Path blocks and then quilt free form Baptist Fans. (Tonya uses these on her quilts and there's a very good description on quilting them in the book that Lucy led me to Quilting with Style by Gwen Marston and Joe Cunningham.) But I decided I'd hold off on doing another Drunkard's Path and I pulled out another book that had a checkerboard table runner that was quilted very simply in a grid 1/4 inch on either side of the seams.

I had leftover beige strips from the green Double 4 Patch pieced a few months ago and leftover blue fabric from a table quilt for my sister. So here it is, a scrappy blue/beige checkerboard that will be finished off with a blue binding. Keryn's doll quilt started out as a checkerboard too but she added borders to hers.

Had there been a list it would have looked like this:
Bind 2 quilts
Load donation top from Sandra on the longarm
Finish piecing string blocks for Half Square Hearts
Finish piecing my July QFAH top

I guess I'll add layer and hand quilt Checkerboard doll quilt and use this as my To Do List for next week.

3 comments:

Tazzie said...

I love it Mary! Aren't little quilts fun!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the blue and tan together. I'm thinking of making a quilt with those colors.

mereth said...

This is really nice and simple, it should be relaxing to stitch on this as you look forward to your trip. You're a lucky duck, as my boys used to say.