Thursday, September 18, 2008

American Red Cross

Two or three years ago when there was so much controversy about the Red Cross, I diverted donations that I normally would have made to them to Habitat for Humanity, where the majority of our donation dollars go. Gradually over the last year or so, I started making donations again when I'd see a natural disaster on the news.

I'm not sure if it's the number of disasters they're having to respond to, a drop in donations, or both but I do find it concerning that they're having to borrow money to maintain relief operations for the recent hurricanes.

Can you help?
American Red Cross Disaster Relief


Email me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great cause, Mary. Thanks for bringing their plight to our attention. I think we all want to feel that if something happens in our area, that the Red Cross will be there for us.