Saturday, September 20, 2008

Family Postcard Exchange

I think I've mentioned our family postcard exchange we started back in April. There are 9 of us exchanging this month , (Mom, 2 sisters, 2 cousins, 2 of my cousin's daughters, my aunt, and myself) and the *theme* was work. Since HeartStrings is my work, I made a mini string block and added hearts for my exchange card for the month. I decided to try a different edging but I should have cut the block straight and just pinked the postcard itself. Live and learn!


Email me

6 comments:

Zannah said...

What a fabulous idea for everyone in the family! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to 'borrow' your idea and try it out with my own family. They don't quilt, but they draw, and build things - I'm hoping that we'll be able to swap some stuff!

Vicki W said...

what a perfect interpretation!

Anonymous said...

I like it. Um, inquiring minds and beginning postcard makers want to know ... why should you have just pinked the postcard itself. Oh wait a minute... you mean the string block, yes?? Do you have a theme each month?

Unknown said...

AGAIN ... just so perfect. I want you to know how much I admire your work.

Is there a tutorial for the post cards in your patterns?

Darcie said...

LOVE it! It's just enough.

meggie said...

Lovely card.