Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mail

Lots of fun stuff in the mail today. First, a pineapple top pieced by Mom. I'll quilt it and we'll donate it at Christmas along with another one we've already finished.

These two tops are from my friend Cecile - I'll quilt these and donate them (they're both so cute!)
And from Nancy, a stack of backings already pieced for my HeartStrings quilts. I can't tell you what a huge time saver it is to have backings pieced for so many of the donation tops. Between Sheree, Tish, and these ones from Nancy I'm in good shape and I'll be sending some of the backings to Maine next month for the quilts we're going to tie at the sew-in.

Now I need to go write thank you emails and let everyone know their goodies arrived safely.

10 comments:

Ariane said...

The quilt top your mom made is beautiful. The two tops that your friend Cecile made are beautiful as well. I especially like the red one. It's gorgeous.

paulette said...

Wow! You are totally awesome!! Well done!
Paulette

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool quilt tops! I have never made a pineapple block yet. I must put that on the to-do list.

*karendianne. said...

Such good feelings, Mary! I'm happy for you, I celebrate the "I'm in good shape."

I had to say it outloud on Mom's quilt. I really did. A big "Wooow!"

jan said...

Fantastic, you do a marvellous job Mary. I am in awe of you all the time.
Can I ask how you piece your backs, I tend to use 1o" [finished] squares so as to utilise most of the fabric from yardage, would be interested to know how you do yours.
Jan

Deborah said...

I just love the pineapple quilt - I so want to do one. Your mom's quilts are always so beautiful.

Karen said...

Love the quilt top your mother made. She did a lot of sewing to make the pineapple blocks!

Denise in PA said...

I love that pineapple quilt! Yay for the pieced backings I hate piecing backings!)

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Your moms quilt??? Le' Wow!! Love it. :)
dawn

Tanya said...

I love your Mom's Pineapple quilt! Such bright pretty colors! I've never tried making one put it sure does come out nicely!