Saturday, December 16, 2006

I've been bad....very bad



I saw this antique quilt posted for sale on the Little Quilts blog and I loved it. Love log cabin quilts and love this quilt. However with my move and everything else going on I had no intention of purchasing this quilt. I don't even have room for all the quilts I have since I'm losing ALL of my beds along with my house.


So this morning I had to return my cable boxes to the Comcast store and it just happened to be over by Little Quilts. I decided I'd stop in one more time before the move and had already forgotten about seeing this quilt. Anyway, the quilt was hanging on the wall, still for sale, and it just had to come home with me.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Sometimes things are just meant to be. And that quilt was meant to belong to you! It really is a lovely quilt. I'd have been hard pressed not to buy it myself.

Joyce said...

Is there such a thing as too many quilts? I don't think so when they are as lovely as this one is. I just love th old fabric.

MARCIE said...

Good for you Mary! That quilt is a beauty and moving is ugly. Life balances out! I hope all goes well. Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

I think it's great.I'm one of those people that every thing has a memory attached... What a cool memory this quilt-- not to mention an antique--will have.... I'm jealous...
Take care--- Melanie

Sweet P said...

What a striking quilt! I can understand how it came home with you.

Hanne said...

Enjoy your quilt - it is gorgeous !
How big is it ?

Helen in the UK said...

It looks like a great quilt and I'm sure it was 'calling' to you to come take it home :)

Marla said...

You're killing me! I am still agonizing over what log cabin pattern to use. This is beautiful! Another setting to contemplate......Glad you were able to take it home with you.

Granny said...

It's beautiful!! Glad you bought it for yourself.

Judy L.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, I saw that quilt and it's such a pretty one; so glad that it went home with you!

The Calico Cat said...

Bad girl.... Oh well, at least you have something to show for it... :o)

Vicky said...

It was yours from the moment you first laid eyes on it. Happy it followed you home! :) It's beautiful!