Friday, December 15, 2006

Lists

I've been running around feeling like I'm not getting anything accomplished and I finally figured out why as I was writing Keith an email telling him all the little tasks I had gotten done yesterday.

I'm a list maker.

I have lists for quilts quilted, for UFO's, for stash fabric used, for quilts donated, etc. All of which help make me feel productive and keep me motivated - I just LOVE marking things off a list when they're done - makes me want to finish more things and mark them off the list too.

For this move, I haven't made as many lists as usual. My tasks are all floating around in my head and I don't have a piece of paper with all the things I've accomplished marked off.

So my lesson learned is: make lists - mark tasks off as they are completed - feel good!

3 comments:

Tazzie said...

I'm a listmaker too Mary, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Ohhh, and btw, I love the new look of your blog. How are you finding Beta?
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Hanne said...

You better hurry making some lists then, so you can feel like you accomplish something real soon !

The Calico Cat said...

Please remind me regularly that it feels goot to tick something off of a list.... (I need some sort of motivation/help/system/etc.)