Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another HeartStrings project

Kind of a lazy day today. I slept late, caught up on email and some blog reading and went for a bike ride with Keith. I did manage to organize myself a little and start some HeartStrings blocks with green centers. We're going to make blocks during September and October and then assemble them into quilts for men (and boys). I'm avoiding large florals, pink, and purple but other than that am using most of what I pull out of the string bins.

I also managed to load a quilt tonight although I didn't get it started. It's the first of 10 tops I want to quilt by the end of September. We're out of town Sept 2 - 8 so it will be a little challenging but I'm going to give it a shot.

Email me

6 comments:

swooze said...

What a nice way to start that September goal! You can do it!

em's scrapbag said...

The strip quilt is lovely. What a great idea. NOw that I have been orgainizing my scraps, it's great to have ideas of things to do with them.

YankeeQuilter said...

After my group made about two dozen quilts for Katrina we suddenly realized they were all "girl-y." We had to concentrate on picking out some "manly" fabrics. Not easy at all! Hope you have a great trip...

Helen in the UK said...

Love how the blocks are looking - definately have a 'man-friendly' vibe :)

Pattilou said...

What fun to do green! My favorite color right now *smile* I'm going to join in by doing some of these blocks. Can hardly wait to get started as I have lots to go to get the 365 blocks done.

Cher said...

10 quilts, quite the goal to set Mary! great looking string blocks of course...I just stocked up on green myself