Sunday, January 01, 2006

Responding to comments

Yes, the quilt in the background is a Birds in the Air. That one was also pieced by my Mom for me. It works out well for both of us to trade off quilting and piecing. I also have 3 sisters that quilt now and I take credit for getting them all interested.

We frequently work together on projects even though we all live in different states. I'm in Georgia, the oldest is in Florida, the youngest is in Virginia as is my Mom (they live 3 hours apart) and the other younger sister is in Maryland just outside of DC.

The two younger sisters are still working and have kids at home so they don't get as much done. Mom's retired and the oldest sister and I aren't working now. All 5 of us are RN's so we have a lot in common.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy 2006, Mary! Sorry I'm late -- I'm just getting caught up on blog reading. Log cabins are my favorite block!!!!

The Calico Cat said...

You Md. Sister id probably close to me... I am in NW DC near the Russian Embassy.