Wednesday, February 08, 2006

South Florida

We arrived in South Florida today after a stop in Punta Gorda to visit my sister Debbie. We had a nice lunch and a brief visit with her before climbing back in the car and continuing on our journey. She also gave me a stack of her hand dyed fabrics. I don't know what I'll make with them yet but I'm scouting patterns and I'm sure I'll find something suitable.

I'll have a chance to see Debbie again in a couple weeks when we both go up to Virginia for the Mid Atlantic Quilt Fest. She's flying through Atlanta and I was able to get on the same flights so we'll get to travel together as well as spend a few days at Mom's.

I guess you can tell I'm getting a lot of reading done on this trip from all the book postings. I also made some good progress on the afghan I'm crocheting on the car ride today. Tonight I'll work some more on the Cathedral Windows.

I'm feeling much better yesterday and today - thanks to everyone who wished me well - it seems to have worked.

Keith and I have plans tomorrow or Friday to go to Ft. Lauderdale to walk along the beach and then lunch at one of the sidewalk cafe's. Our hotel is only about 15-20 minutes from the beach but most of our time here will be spent with family.

No comments: