Sunday, March 05, 2006

Baby Stripes

I've mentioned before that I like to cut out more than one scrap quilt at a time. This top was a quick one to piece from strips cut when I was cutting for the Baby Cabin. I started piecing some blocks on Thursday and Saturday nights and finished the top up today.

Initially I thought I'd do a string quilt but decided that with all the strips the same width that a Roman Stripe would be a better choice. I cut my muslin squares oversized and foundation pieced the strips to half the block and trimmed to size.

The quilt is 38x45.

10 comments:

dot said...

This is a very cute little quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Very pretty and spring-like Mary! Makes me think of spring flowers.

Vicky said...

Love the quilt, as well as the Baby Cabin. Really sweet and fresh looking! Good job!

Kairle Oaks said...

I am SO ready for spring! Your little quilt definitely gives that feel! I actually saw my first daffodils yesterday while DH and I went out for a drive.
Kairle

Unknown said...

What a lovely little gem.

Unknown said...

I like this quilt! It is so springy! (Is "springy" a word?)

Laurie Ann said...

I love strip piecing on a foundation. It's my fave. Love the pastels!!

Quilty bird said...

Oh! Another winner, Mary! I love 30's prints. May have to make one of these too. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

The Calico Cat said...

cute, do you plan to do some kind of "triangle" quilting in the muslin area? (I like to set quilts on point just for the fancy triangle quilting!)

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute quilt! I just love that green border :-)