Sunday, August 13, 2006
Finished the first task
The borders are on the blue/green scrap quilt. This is a donation quilt that was pieced from 2.5 inch strips. I'm not sure it doesn't have too many light fabrics but I worked with what I had left. I think the first one I made from my Red/Purple strips turned out better - the rail fence pattern is more defined in that version.
This is another UFO and I don't even remember what I had originally planned to use these strips for but when my Mom needed some blue and green 2.5 inch strips for a quilt for her sister's grandson, we picked over the best strips and used them for that quilt first. I'm slowly gathering some strips in sizes I commonly use so the unused strips went into the bin with my other 2.5 inch strips.
The top will go on the shelf to age a while since I have a few waiting in line for quilting.
I was going to crop more of my mess out of this picture but I noticed Chesty was watching me from the bottom left corner so I left him in.