A new ironing board cover to go with my new iron - such a treat!
I don't think I mentioned it in my blog but my iron died a couple weeks ago and I replaced my Panasonic iron which I liked with a Rowenta iron that said it was anti-drip at low temperatures. With the automatic shut off I was getting some spitting as the iron was heating back up.
I've read a lot of negative feedback about Rowenta irons but I LOVE this iron. It's like the difference between a vacuum with great suction and one with not so great suction. You work a lot harder going back and forth over the same area if your vacuum doesn't have good suction. Well with this iron, one pass will do - you don't have to go back and forth over the seams or over the block or fabric. It's great!
On another note - I was having trouble sewing over seams in my 1 hour quilt - the seams were a little thick but nothing that should have been a problem. I adjusted my presser foot height but still struggled.
Finally, I opened up my bobbin case to clean it out and took a look at the feed dog area. I found a lot of compressed lint between the feed dogs. I'm really good about cleaning the lint out of my bobbin case but had never noticed it building up in this area before. I picked out the lint and my blocks are feeding through beautifully!
Chesty's found a new spot to sit when I'm piecing