Monday, April 02, 2007

Frustration sends me back to my strings!


I'd assembled my Pineapple blocks before my trip to GA but hadn't yet put the borders on. I'd originally planned for this to be a king size quilt but Keith wasn't crazy in love with it so I decided I'd make it twin size for me to snuggle on the sofa with because I do love it!

I decided yesterday I'd get those borders on before allowing myself to sew more strings but the blue I bought for the border just wasn't going to work. The color was PERFECT but the print didn't look so great when I cut it up (I can use it on the back). Unfortunately, I don't have another piece of fabric in my stash that is this exact shade of blue which I'm determined to use. So the top went back up on the design wall with the red border strips and it will wait until I come home from Hawaii.

Blogging Vacation
--------
I'll be gone from April 3rd through April 12th and most likely I won't be blogging. I decided last night rather than try to keep up with the blog I should take a vacation. So I'll see you all in about 10 days.

I will be making a post or two over at the HeartStrings Quilt Project Blog as the spirit moves me. I love all the stories I'm hearing from people participating so don't be surprised if you see an entry over there.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii!!!

Darlene said...

Have fun and enjoy!

Granny said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation! I'll be anxious to hear all about it when you get back.

Patti said...

Have a fabulous trip!

Karen (Misiz C) said...

Wishing you a restful, relaxing and rejuvenating holiday!

Your pineapple quilt is fabulous. I can't wait to see it with borders.

Carol said...

Have a wonderful vacation! ENJOY!!!

Helen in the UK said...

I really like the quilt. Shame your DH isn't keen. Glad you are not abandoning it though. Enjoy your holiday :)

Tazzie said...

Be sure to have the very best time Mary, you sure deserve to have a holiday. We'll look forward to seeing you all refreshed when you return.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Quilty bird said...

Mary, you do so much for others. You deserve a blog-free vacation! Enjoy, and we'll "see you" in a few weeks.

Passionate Quilter said...

Have a great time in Hawaii--and since Keith is taking time off his Blackberry (wink, wink), you can take time off you. Love that pineapple quilt!!