Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Found it


I went looking for the coins quilt with red sashing and found it in a folder of old computer files. The file is dated 2003 and if I remember correctly it was an antique quilt for sale on eBay.

I have the center of mine together and as I was sewing the sashing on I remembered why I usually avoid sashed quilts - especially sashed quilts without cornerstones but I chalked my lines and I think everything is lined up really well - I must be getting better at it because this is the 3rd one I've done in the last year without problems. As you can see from one of my inspiration quilts - the maker was *sashing challenged*. I also found the webshots link to the other quilt - this is the photo I'd saved on my computer at some point and used to design my quilt in EQ6.

I really wish I'd bought this quilt back then. It really appealed to me flaws and all and the memory of it has been in my head for 4 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mary!
I have seen a quilt like the one you posted from ebay , a friend of mine owns one! The sashing fabric on hers is red too! A quilt I have always wanted to reproduce. I love yours in black too.
thanks for sharing that picture.
Kathie in NJ

Hedgehog said...

I've always thought Chinese coin quilts were pretty borning, but your posts this week are changing my mind!