Mom saw the quilt tonight - she really likes it so I'm happy and she'll bind it and give it to Ann.
Just a comment on the trip from HELL! Those of you that read my blog regularly know I travel a lot. So it takes quite a bit of inconvenience to make me comment on travel woes. Rather than give the long version (24 hours long!) I'll just summarize below
- 3 hours sitting at the gate ON THE PLANE in Minneapolis due to a mechanical problem.
- Knowing after the 1st hour I'd miss my connection.
- Having to make an unscheduled stop in Cincinnati to fix the mechanical problem because they didn't have the part in Minneapolis.
- Being allowed off the plane in Cincinnati at 9:30PM to get some dinner only to find ALL the restaurants and food court had already closed.
- Having the worst seatmate EVER who was loud and obnoxious the entire time and during the incessant talking on her cell phone called me a bitch and unfriendly because I wouldn't listen to her rant about how pissed she was. (Thank goodness for iPods and headphones!)
- Getting to Atlanta at 11:30PM AFTER all flights to Newport News had left for the day.
- Having to stand in a line from 11:30 PM to 6:15 AM to reschedule a flight (Keith got on the phone after a couple hours but the best he could do was a Sunday morning flight).
- Trying to get on the 7:20 AM flight (Standby) but being unsuccessful.
- Having a Delta Crown Room agent finally get me a confirmed seat at 10AM after being told the earliest I'd get out was 9:30PM on Saturday.
- Two hotel reservations made and not used (one because I was in line all night, the second because I got on the 10AM flight).
- Getting to Newport News but my luggage NOT arriving.
- Having them come out to deliver my luggage but ONLY the suitcase with the quilts arriving.
Hopefully # 12 will be them bringing my clothes and toiletries tomorrow!!