Saturday, June 16, 2007

Time for a break - I'm going for a walk!

I'm finished the 3rd HeartStrings Chinese Coins top. Are you tired of seeing these quilts yet? I've got several more to make so I'm still playing around with different variations. I'll be adding the cutting directions to the MaryQuilts.com site in a day or two and I think this one would look great in brights like my EQ drawing.

Since you can't see my purple inner border fabric very well in the above photo - I'm adding a close-up here. Those of you playing along with Judy's Use the Stash Challenge may remember my plan for June was to work on these tops. The coins were donated by HeartStrings members and I've been pulling borders and sashing from stash. This purple however was a 1/2 price purchase yesterday.

The borders and sashing for the first two coins quilts (here) and (here) were from fabric in my stash and HeartStrings members are making and sending backings. Between piecing the tops and quilting them I don't have time to piece multi-fabric backs for them so I appreciate the help!

7 comments:

Gail said...

Boy, you are really going to town on these. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I really like the bright and blacks EQ one.

Vicki W said...

You are amazing! Another awesome quilt!

Unknown said...

Wow! I really like these Chinese Coins tops!

Anonymous said...

mary, i recognize some of strips. great great job. i truly admire your stamina and sharing.
patti

Anonymous said...

Looking good - not getting tired of seeing them!

Simonetta said...

Wow!!! It is a beautiful idea, I love your quilt :)))Have a great sunday

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like the purple against the black - almost gives it a 3D look. I love each and every coin quilt so much that I am working on one for myself!

Cheers!
Evelyn