Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Not much computer time

I haven't been doing much blog reading since the kids have been here. I've limited my computer time but I wanted to share some more photos. After breakfast and before our traditional Christmas Eve picnic we took a walk down to the Mississippi River. It was quite cold but we stopped in at Panera for some coffee and a light lunch.

I tend to forget the difference in mine and Keith's height until I see a photo of the two of us together. I'm 5'3" and he's 6'4". Quite a bit of difference between the photo of Chris and Becky and this one of us.

Chris is hooked on making postcards and worked on several more today. Here are three tree variations he made. Becky and I were talking about knitting and crochet and I pulled out some knitting needles and showed her how to do the knit stitch. I think she might take a knitting class when she gets home.

Finally, Adam called us this evening. He's at home in GA working and we really miss him not being here. I hate that he's alone for the holiday.

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, but that's a nice picture of you and Keith though, Mary. You just have to back up a bit to get both of you in, lol.

Looks like a lovely Christmas and I hope Adam has a nice day as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I've enjoyed reading your blog so much this past year.

CONNIE W said...

Merry Christmas! DH & I also have a big differenc in height. Hope your day is wonderful! CW

Yvonne said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Mary!

Karen (Misiz C) said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with Becky and Chris.

I know what you mean about missing a child this time of year though. My son is 2000+ miles away. Chatting on the phone is just not the same.

Love your photos! Everything looks so crisp and clear. Merry Christmas!

Nana B said...

Hello Mary, from another Mary, who also does longarm. It looks like you live real close to a friend of mine, right along the river across from downtown. I know what it is like to have kids far away, one son was career Navy so was seldom home, now his son is in the Navy in Japan and 1 granddaughter didn't get home for our family Christmas because they wouldn't let the planes land Sun. night. But it looks like you had a wonderful time with the ones that did get home.