Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What happened to the warmer weather?

It was really cold the day I left to visit Deb (-12 that morning) and it's cold today (-1) but yesterday it was 42, here in Minneapolis!! Luckily I like the cold, now if it will just snow today like they're calling for, I'll be completely happy.

Having been gone for days I should jump right back in and start quilting and assemble my heart quilt but I'm going to take it easy today.

I've got some packages to go through - stuffed animals from Dawn and a box with more donated quilts from Barbara along with lots of mail.

I think I'll set simple goals for today - load a quilt on the longarm for tomorrow, unpacking the embellishment goodies I bought at Deb's, and play with postcards.

Since I missed my Sunday stashbusting report for last week, I'll add it here:
  • I finished the blocks for the Heart quilt - all the fabric is from stash
  • I finished the Dragonfly quilt (UFO #9) - only the binding was from my stash (the top was pieced with Mom from her fabric and VickiW made me the hand dyed backing)
  • I finished the Coins (UFO #8) quilt donated by Barbara - only the binding from that one was from my stash.
  • I did purchase a backing for my HeartStrings Anniversary quilt from Pam at Real Women Quilt which arrived while I was gone.
  • Technically, this goes against me this week not last, but I did purchase a backing yesterday at one of Deb's quilt shops that will be used for my Irish Chain quilt.
  • I bought LOTS and LOTS of embellishment *stuff* while I was at Deb's....perle cotton, beads, fibers, etc along with books.

I can safely say that I can embellish postcards and start my blue/white crazy quilt and count on having all the supplies I might want on-hand. Now I just have to find a way to store them in a way that I can easily find what I'm looking for.

Thank you all who commented or emailed and introduced yourself - it was great getting to know my readers a little better.


Email me

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

The warmer weather is here..80 today. Glad you're home safe and sound. But come back soon...it was fun!

Kim said...

Stash busting is a hopeless cause for me. I need more scraps and fabric first...um, well, maybe not! I should just sew up the quilts that I have fabric for, that would reduce the stash, then I'll have scraps and then I can use a fun new pattern that I found in San Diego. Unfortunately it has a CR that won't allow posting of it.