Friday, May 16, 2008

Did you miss me?

Just got home tonight from MQS. Deb and I had a great time and she even won a ribbon! Her quilt (designed and quilted by Deb, pieced by members of her guild) won 2nd place in the Theme category. It was very exciting.

We also took classes from Jamie Wallen and Dawn Cavanaugh both were excellent. Deb did a great job choosing the classes for us.

We met up with quilters from MQResources. How fun to meet Suzanne and the others we've been chatting with online over the few months or so. If you haven't joined this group for machine quilters, you should check them out.

And of course we shopped! I bought a couple new templates from Circle Lord, a couple books on background fills, Superior threads, crystals, wool felt, and probably some other things I'm forgetting right now. I'm make sure to share more information over the next couple weeks as I sort out and start using it all.





Email me

10 comments:

Carol E. said...

Congratulations to Deb! Very cool!

Tanya said...

Congratulations to your sister! It is a beautiful quilt!

Silverthimble said...

I am anxious to hear what new Circle Lord templates you found!

Vicki W said...

Woohoo! You bought CRYSTALS!!

Yvonne said...

Yes, I did miss you! Sounds like you had a ball. Woohoo for Deb!
Can't wait to see all your goodies. :)

carol said...

Congratulations Deb!!

I'm glad you had a good time. I did miss reading your blog. Welcome back.

Carol

Helen in the UK said...

Of course we missed you!! Big congrats to Deb on her ribbon :)

meggie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Congratulations to Deb.

Anonymous said...

It was fun meeting both you & Deb at MQS. I always miss you when you're too busy to write.

Congratulations Deb!

Anonymous said...

I missed you Mary! Congrats to Deb - that's great! Sounds like you had fun.