Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Two things checked off my *to do* list for the week

I'm done with the binding and label on this quilt - the photo doesn't show just how cute it is.

After playing with EQ this afternoon, I'm going with this off center design which gives me the size I want although I might switch the red and blue sides. I've also read the instructions for making the block and rather than cut individual squares and rectangles I'm going to do some strip piecing - should be much easier. I'm using a 5 inch block and if I get too tired of making the blocks....it might end up with fewer blocks and a border!


5 comments:

Kayla Hammer said...

i know that this is totally random but i luv your dogg!!! it reminds me of my dog. They're the best type of dogs i swear!

The Calico Cat said...

Love the lizard quilt - but the EQ quilt is my fall UFO - totally scrappy with 3 different sky blues in the small triangles. I am contimplating a scrappy arangement when the blocks are done too - kind of like leaves falling...

Vicki W said...

I love the new quilt design!

scraphappy said...

The half square triangle with a square inset block is the same as one of the blocks from Bonnie's Orange Crush mystery. I thought at the time it would make a great quilt, and even made extras thinking I would love to do another quilt later with just that block. I really like the way you have arranged the blocks asymmetrically. Is it going to be scrappy red white and blues, or a more controlled color palate? Either way, it's a lovely quilt.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Love the lizard quilt! I love reading your blog and seeing all of the quilts you make and the designs you use for quilting.