Monday, October 13, 2008

A couple finishes

It was raining this morning so while I was waiting to take photos, I worked on making and sewing on other bindings. Since the rain didn't stop, I took these photos over the railing in my kitchen. This HeartStrings top was pieced by Barbara in FL and quilted with Baptist Fans.

I got this binding stitched down this morning too. These blocks were made by the Quilting Queens, a local guild here in the Minneapolis area - I assembled and quilted it with freehand hearts. You can see I borrowed the sash border from Barbara's quilt although I used half blocks for mine.



Email me

7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - pretty, pretty, bright and cheerful strings! LOVE that blue - how it jumps right off the surface. 8-))

Vicki W said...

Very cute quilts! Barbara's is really striking.

Deborah Levy said...

Both are nice. Barbara's is almost lumiescent!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice quilts! Good thing it rained to keep you in working *grin*

Cher said...

another sashing/setting idea- love how these turned out

Debbie D said...

Love the bright cheerful colors in the blocks. Great idea with sashing also. Love it....

*karendianne. said...

Oh my goodness I am so glad I came by today to see these great quilts. Wow! I love a Baptist Fan quilting pattern, too. That captured my imagination.

Have a wonderful day, Mary! Your work always lifts me up. *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven