Sunday, November 23, 2008

Before I leave - just one more quilt

Keith told me tonight as he headed to bed, that since there was no way I was going to sleep before this trip that he'd see me in the morning. We need to get up between 4 and 4:30 AM to get to the airport and he's right, most likely I won't sleep at all.

So after packing, I went downstairs and loaded and quilted another HeartStrings top. It's hard to get good quilt photos at 2AM. These blocks were made by Betty and pieced together at our HeartStrings Sew-in last month. I quilted it with my Circle Lord Swirls template - the first photo shows the quilting texture and the 2nd gives you a better idea of how nice the quilt looks.

This is top #9 of 10 on my to do list for November so I think I can manage to squeeze one more in after we get back from GA. Of course, of the 9 quilted only 2 have been bound so far so guess what I'll be doing in December?




Email me

13 comments:

Jan Mac said...

Have fun with your boys while you're away and the bindings will wait. Take care and I hope you sleep better when you get back.

Tazzie said...

You amaze me Mary, I truly don't know how you get by with so little sleep. I know I can't function properly after a little while.
Be sure to have the very best time - I love the picture of the boys when they were little - just adorable.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Vicki W said...

I don't know how you function without sleep but great job on your goals for the month! Now you can have a relaxing trip.

Anonymous said...

#9 of 10...wow! you go girl!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

Irene said...

I've been on prednisone this week so I haven't been sleeping much at all and I don't know how you do it. I love the swirls on that top - another great job Mary.

jacquie said...

have a fun trip!

Nancy said...

Nice job on the quilts. I really like the quilting on the first one.

Is your new track lighting a catalyst for this Quitathon?

Have a wonderful visit with your sons.

Ann said...

Love that quilting Mary!

dee said...

This quilt is very nice. Have a wonderful trip. What a cute picture that is of the boys.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Have fun on your trip!

Rhonda said...

Way to go!! I love seeing your string quilts. Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Mary there are a lot of us who don't sleep the night before a trip, especially when having to get up so early. My DH is like yours, he's given up trying to get me to sleep. LOL

Have a great trip

Shari in AZ

Deborah Levy said...

looks great! I don't know how you function on no sleep.