Monday, November 24, 2008

Postcards

I've been sharing my Christmas postcards but I think I might just have to make a few more. Vicki showed a postcards on her blog, one version with a tree similar to mine using crystals where I used beads and bulbs. I even bought crystals at MQS in May but forgot to use them. And look at these cute trees that Karen posted on her blog they'd be easy to adapt to a postcard.

Who else is making and sending fabric postcards for Christmas this year? Have you tried them? Maybe it's time! I have some brief instructions posted on how I make mine but there's lots of resources on the internet if you want to give them a try.

Having a wonderful visit with the boys. Chris and Becky came last night to meet us for dinner and we ate in the restaurant here at the hotel where Adam works. He had to work (cook) but it was an open kitchen and we were able to watch him work and he came out several times to chat when he had a minute. Dinner was really good too! I felt so proud.

We embarrassed him by taking a bunch of photos but I don't have a card reader on Keith's computer so you will have to wait until I get home to see them - I hope they turned out - Chris and Keith were taking them because I was too refined (embarrassed? shy?) to stand up in front of everyone in the restaurant and take them.

Email me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never made postcards but I did make birthday cards for two of my sisters this year. They are on my blog in the June 08 archives if you're interested. I wasn't sure how to add a link here so...

I may make some postcards this year (or cards) if I have the time. Thanks for posting your helpful tutorial. D~~~~

Nancy said...

The selvage tree ornaments are cute. Thanks for the link.