Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve!

I've been in the kitchen all morning cooking and have a break now before I start baking the cookies (you know that dough has to sit in the fridge for hours!).

My journal page today was about previous years when we lived in FL and Keith's dad was still alive. We'd always have a big family dinner and open presents at his parents' house.
But my favorite tradition is our Christmas Eve picnic. The potato salad and devil eggs are made, I'll start baking the cookies in an hour, Keith bought the sandwich fixings this morning so now we'll just wait for Chris and Becky to arrive - hopefully around 5:30PM if all goes well.


Email me

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Enjoy your picnic and have a very merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Sounds like fun,, we are doing Italian this year.we have to make our own traditions. ENJOY and take pics.. Have a Merry Christmas

Julie in the Barn said...

Merry Christmas, Mary. Enjoy your picnic.

tami said...

That sounds like a fun tradition. I just love deviled eggs.
I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.