Monday, January 12, 2009

The last one

No more binding to do so I guess I'll have to quilt something now!

This was pieced by the St. Mary's quilters in CT for HeartStrings and it's the one that I struggled with the other night....you'd never know that I had problems thank goodness and I'm hoping I don't have any issues tonight when I head down to quilt.

Here's a closeup of the leaf quilting which I really like. It's not a densely quilted top so it should be nice and snuggly.

We had 5 inches of snow today but I didn't get out to play in it at all. They're calling for snow again tomorrow and our temps are dropping so I won't go far but maybe out to the coffee shop sometime tomorrow just for a walk in it.



Email me

3 comments:

Lindah said...

The quilt turned out beautifully. That is a very nice leaf pattern. I need to learn to do something like that. It would be nice for the men's quilts that I do a lot of.
Nice snow shot --like icing on a cake. I'd like to borrow some of your snow today. It is much too warm here...shorts and sandal weather. Very unusual for this time of year. We should be having lots of cold rain.

keryn said...

I admire your dedication in sticking to your goals, I'm so easily distracted I forget I even had a goal! Your free-hand quilting is lovely, and I loe your books of practise drawings too. Mereth does that, fills page after page, so it's an artist trait.

Your snow photos are beautiful, I love that chair. Not living in a cold climate, I have no experience of the effects of snow, so your photos are a little education all by themselves.

meggie said...

It is quite scary, but I see a face on the top of the tree! He does not look best pleased, but maybe it is St Nich tired after his rounds!!
Quilt lovely, as always.