First, those log cabin blocks needed assembling. So the Sunshine and Shadows top is done and I do like how it turned out - I'll probably love it by the time it's quilted.
Then the Kaleidoscope blocks went up on the design wall - I'm not sure about the arrangement yet so I'm going to contemplate them for a day or two. I'm also not sure I made the best fabric selections for this quilt - I like all the fabric but I'm not getting that *circle* effect. I'll have to plan out my next one better.
Then I decided it was playtime. It is all I can do not to cut up my entire stash using the new cutter so I'm make myself finish a top before cutting into more fabric. I had some Charm squares that Deb had given me as a gift - probably for my birthday but I can't remember for sure and I decided they'd make a good Happy Block Quilt.
I folded a yard of fabric and in one pass - I had my red 2.5 inch strips and repeated the process for my brown ones.
I got 28 of the 48 blocks I need pieced before I had to stop - I'd been working all night and needed a break.
Since I wanted more squares for my quilt than the ones in the Charm pack - I pulled a few pinks from the stash ...and look, more selvages for my collection.