Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I love to travel

But it's hard to leave Chesty for so long. He's always so clingy when he sees the suitcase come out and he didn't leave my side all day yesterday.

I quickly ran out to get the mail this morning before leaving for the airport and there were lots of goodies for me. I had the camera packed so I used the phone to snap some photos to share.

First up is an Airport Art Binder from Sio. It is so beautiful, this photo doesn't do it justice at all. I know it may seem greedy of me but I love all 3 that I've received. Gail's is with me on this trip, Marilyn's is up in my sewing room for jotting notes and drafting layouts, and Sio's will stay by my chair and travel with me when I go work at the library or coffee shop.

You need to visit Sio's blog, she's been making more binders and she's up to something!

I also had 2 postcards waiting. This one from my sister Ann. It's so cute! The hearts are embroidered and there are tiny paper flowers attached with beads.
And last but certainly not least, a postcard from Suzanne from our MQResource swap. I'm not sure of the title of the fable, but it's about an astronomer who fell into a well because he was only looking up at the stars. Very cute!

Since Keith brought me to the airport before work, I still have a couple hours to kill. I'm in the NWA lounge and am going to work on some layouts for my class while I wait.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Email me

9 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Poor Chesty!

I hope you have a safe and fun trip.

The title of the fable was just "The Astronomer"

dee said...

safe travels Mary. That's a beautiful notebook.

Julia said...

Have a great time and travel safely! Poor Chesty! He looks so sad. :~(

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Our Abbey is the same way when she sees a suitcase. She hates them!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
dawn

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Hi Mary, My friend Bonnie introduced me to your Blog. Your blog is great fun! I live in the Chicago area so if you'd like to email me I can tell you some fun, fast, and inexpensive places to experience. moequiltz@comcast.net I know that whatever you do it will be a wonderful experience, I've lived here my whole life, and worked downtown for a time, and it's always an exciting experience to me too!

jan said...

Poor Chesty, he will be all over you on your return. Look at his face he just knows something is happening.
I would love to send you a postcard, if you email me your addy, I will get on it for your return. J in UK

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your journal you got is wonderful! What a great surprise! And I love that post card of the astronomer!

meggie said...

I still cannot get over how much like Leo Chesty looks! Even the sad expression when we go out.
I hope you enjoy your trip, & have some great times.
Love the Journal, & also the postcards.

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos..


Thank you so much...
___________________
Andrew
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels