Thursday, February 16, 2006
Labeling quilts to be donated
While it was good to get a lot done last night when I couldn't sleep - I made up for it and slept in this morning. Now I'm not tired tonight so I'm working again.
I finished the quilting on the Red and Purple rail fence, took it off the machine, trimmed it, sewed the binding on, and still not tired. So I decided to embroider my initials and the year on the back as my label.
I'd been using my sewing machine alphabet to sew initials and the year on some of my donation quilts but wasn't crazy about how it looked. So when I saw a post by Jeanne with her morning has broken embroidery I decided that I'd label one of these next quilts by hand.
Even though my lettering needs a lot of practice I'm happier with these results than the machine lettering. This has more character!
I'll work on hand stitching the binding down tomorrow night while I'm watching the Olympics and this will be UFO #5 finished.