Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Quilting makes the quilt


Yesterday was taken up with errands and hiking and I never did get back to my quilting. I couldn't sleep last night so around 2AM I decided to load a quilt and start quilting the red and purple rail fence.

With all the lights on in my studio I couldn't see the quilting very well and the red thread blended in with the top. So I came downstairs this afternoon and with just the light from the windows I could see the detail of the quilting and I love it.

It's a pantograph - the large version of Fay Feathers from Lorien Quilting and I think it looks wonderful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great- can't wait to see the whole thing. What a great use of a sleepless night!

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilting made you quilt look even better :o) Hanne, Norway

Mary said...

Just lovely! I wish I had a few sleepless nights ;-)

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

It is Gorgeous Mary!

Anonymous said...

so do I!! This is gorgeous! The quilting is fantastic too :-)

Unknown said...

Oh I love it! I will have to write that one down for my quilter!

You are right, it is the quilting that makes the quilt!

The Calico Cat said...

It does look wonderful! (You don't even have to see the whole quilt to see it!)

Granny said...

Thanks for the picture. I don't have that panto and I like it alot. I love the red and purple too.

Judy