Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Busy cutting and piecing


Mom and I have been working all day in the sewing room. I've done lots of cutting for her and she'll have several *kits* to keep her busy until my next visit.

In addition to the Pineapple Blossom from Bonnie's site that she's started, we've been working on a donation quilt and she just has the borders left to add. She got the butterfly fabric and bright fat quarters from my sister for her birthday but didn't know how she was going to use it. Thanks to EQ, I was able to work up a pattern and it's turning out really cute.

5 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Cute is an understatement! I love the quilts you come up with. You are a quilter after my own heart! Quilt on!

Anne Heidi said...

That is really a wonderful quilt. I love the vibrant colors.
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog :)

The Calico Cat said...

How fun to be able to see Chesty on TV!

I like the butterfly quilt, the echoing of the novelty print is fun!

cher said...

simple and effective at showing off that fun fabric...how nice of you to help your mom out by cutting up kits and coming up with fun patterns!

Saska said...

I love this!!
Would you be so wonderful as to tell me the sizes of the blocks and side strips? I have some brights that would be perfect for this.

thanx