Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One more top done

Mom and I took 11 quilts to Catholic Charities this morning - most of them were hers but I'd made a couple , another one I'd quilted for her, and some I'd worked with her on the design and helped choose fabrics so basically a team effort. The women working this morning were very appreciative and said that the quilts are added to layettes and given away to those that need them. Mom commented that it made you feel so good that the quilts were appreciated that it made you want to come home and make more.

I finished up the borders on the HeartStrings Purple Project quilt. I've decided it's the perfect one to try out my new swirls template from Circle Lord that came just before I left. I can't wait to get home and load this one and play.

Debbie has news to share today but I just checked her blog at 8:30PM and she hadn't updated it yet. If you're reading this later in the evening check to see if she's posted.

7 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Mary: I love this one--especially the border fabric!

meggie said...

The border fabric is just perfect.

Jenni said...

I love this quilt, and the similar one in your side bar. The colours are very 'me'.

Helen said...

This is a great string quilt! Love the colours.

Helen in the UK said...

Lovely new top - can't wait to see it quilted. Congrats to you and your mum on your 11 quilt donation. It's lovely to be able to bring some joy to others' lives by doing something you enjoy :)

Judy said...

Job well done! Love the colors and the new template...should work fabulous!

Lisa said...

Wow Mary, I love your colour choices in this quilt and especially the border fabric. I think I would be a little bit sad to give that one away.