Remember the donated coins quilt I finished recently? I washed it the day before yesterday to get it ready for donating and several fabrics ran. (I don't prewash my fabrics either so it could have easily been one of my quilts) I washed in cold water, with a dye catcher - twice, ran out to the quilt store and bought Synthropol which still didn't help although there was no more running. I spent yesterday wondering what I was going to do - I couldn't donate the quilt with these big splotches but today the answer came to me....I fused circles across the quilt to cover the larger obvious spots.
Keith came in when I was taking the photo and said it looked whimsical! Now I just have to finish stitching the circles down - I'm appliqueing them by hand with perle cotton.