Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Fun

Today's (Jan 6) was the last prompt for my Journal your Christmas class. I had such fun with this. My pages are certainly not elaborate or the most artistic but I enjoyed spending the time creating them and looking back through our family photos.

You can see the entire album if interested : Mary's Christmas Journal . I will have these printed out and bound together as a memory of Christmas 2008.

Speaking of fun, it is such a joy to me to work with HeartStrings quilts. This gorgeous top was pieced at our last sew-in from blocks made by Betty and the colors are so warm and rich. I quilted it in November with my Circle Lord Swirls template and now I'm hand stitching the binding on it.



Email me

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary
Great looking quilt! As you can see I'm up in the middle of the night too. I do some of my best work at this hour...LOL.

Shari in AZ

Treasa said...

Your scrapbook pages turned out great. It will be a nice momento when you have it bound. Your quits aren't bad either. :)

Helena said...

Hi !
My name is Helena, and I live in Sao Paulo - Brazil. I like so much your christmas journal, and your quilts too. I don´t know make quilts, but I made dolls on fabric and litle things in felt. I like this place so much. So, I go back here in another time.
Thanks for sharing your life to us, and sorry, but my english is not so good.
Kisses and hugs from Brazil
Helena (Argonath)

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I love the colors in this quilt. Most of the ones you post are bright and I like them too. It is good to see that they look great no matter the color.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

PS. I guess I am excited about starting a string quilt. I even dreamt about it last night. Keep me inspired.

Nancy said...

I've enjoyed your Christmas Journal and hate to see it end. I hope you are considering making pages for other occasions and sharing them, too.

GailM. said...

I love all your scrapbook pages. As I watch you do your pages, I keep thinking to myself. I really need to learn how to do some of this digital scrapbooking. But what I really want is to be able to make my own really nice blog header picture. If you ever see a class that shows how to do that, will you let us know... I love following your blog.

YankeeQuilter said...

Your digital scrapbook came out great! And what a productive start to the new year you have had!

Deborah Levy said...

your Christmas journaling is great. Pretty quilt too.

Laurie said...

mary great scrapbook pages...did you take a class to create those using photoshop elements? i have that program and a LOST! Just curious what the class was. Great heartstrings quilt as well!
laurie

Joanne said...

I've enjoyed your entire Christmas album -- I think you should continue to make pages as an idea hits! You've done a great job on them.