Thursday, February 12, 2009

How can it be Thursday??

It doesn't seem like I'm getting much done but I'm working my way through my list. I got the rest of the log cabin blocks for Version #2 pieced today but will try to finish up a couple other things before assembling the top. I did get one backing pieced also and I'm halfway through stitching my postcards for the MQ Resource exchange.

However, I took a brief break from my to do list to make a few blocks to send to Australia for quilts for those effected by the bush fires. Jan Mac is a member of HeartStrings and will be collecting some Quilt as you Go squares to assemble. So I gathered up some leftover backing scraps, some batting scraps and dug back into my string bins. I'll probably make a few more over the next couple days before getting back to work on my list. If you'd like to help. Jan Mac has posted instructions on her blog.



Email me

2 comments:

Jan Mac said...

Many, many thanks Mary. They look lovely and will really help in our challenge to make 5,000 quilts for those left homeless by the fires.
Hugs

Joyce said...

Thanks for the heads up about the quilt squares. I'll look into it right away.